My personal note for kindle devices. It contains mainly the "best for me" applications, some "not common" settings and several best practices.
Fact: I use Kindle Oasis.
Below way makes sure that your ebooks are in good format, stored and sync between your reading devices.
- Ebook purchased with file / download.
- Formated by Calibre (add metada, cover,...).
- Convertd to mobi (kindle format). In the convert window, choose Page setup and then choose your device.
- Send to Kindle using Send to Kindle app. Drag and drop (converted) mobi files to the app.
- Add to collection on Amazon cloud.
- Sync to Kindle device.
- Choose a place to store ebooks, should be a cloud service like Dropbox or Google Drive (I used this) to use on different operation systems.
- Auto search & download metadata & cover: Choose book/books > Right click and choose Edit metadata > Download metadata and covers > Then verify and save.
- You can use [[cmd]] + [[D]].
- You should change the name and author correctly for a better search.
- Modify metadata: Choose a book (or list of books) > right click and choose Edit metadata > ...
- You can search for a cover on the internet > Right click on this cover > Copy image > On Calibre, in Edit metadata individually, right click on current cover > Paste cover.
- "Title" is for displaying in Kindle. "Title sort" is for being sorted in Calibre.
- "Author" and "Author sort" should be "Tu Kim Tran" and "Tran, Tu Kim", for example.
- Quickly edit some field of a book: just need to click 2 times on this field (not so fast).